Friday, March 13, 2009

Down With The Sickness

At home with the flu and nothing to do, and also this had to happen. The other blog got away from me. Between work and writing and life I never had the energy to keep it up - which doesn't bode well for this one - but here's to something new. I will keep the other one going for now, or until I figure what this one is. So, anyways. I'm stuck at home with no voice. I am not without diversions: U2's new album, which is magnificent. I am going to see them on tour this year, in September in Chicago. I've never seen them live in all my years of fandom (since "The Unforgettable Fire") and I am dedicated to resolving that unresolved corner of my life.

I'm also working, with stone mason like speed, on the next novel. One great idea that caught my idea is the concept of a personal worldbuilding wiki. I don't have my own server, but if I did, I imagine I would be all over this. I develop things pretty organically. That tends to mean lots of revision, lots of "oh, that should have been in the first book" but it's the only way I know to work.

I have plans for a site built around "The Book of Elizabeth", when it debuts later this year. I have some pretty neat ideas, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment