Friday, May 1, 2009

A Holy Grail

I could not pass it up.

I am a lifelong Star Wars fan. Of all the Star Wars goodness I enjoy, I enjoy Jawas the most. I tend to buy all things Jawa and if they're old things Jawa - and rare - I have had them on a wishlist for years now. # 1 on that list is the incredibly hard to come by Regal plush Jawa only available in Canada in 1978. This thing is nearly mythic, and thanks to the auction above, I am now the proud owner of a complete (!) Regal Jawa for a extraordinarily fair price.

The last Jawa left is the even more rare and mythic vinyl cape Jawa. This thing runs in the thousands of dollars and will not be had by me for some time (if ever). In some ways the Regal Jawa is more of a catch - I actually had a couple vinyl jawas as a kid, and happily lost them in the course of playing with them. Beyond that, there isn't a piece left on my Jawa list. Well, there are Jawa things - I still don't have a Sandcrawler. But I have my 12 back carded '78 Jawa. My Lego Jawa (WTF this thing is so hard to get). My Japanese plush giant Jawa.

But I still have several vintage Star figures I never owned - all from the rare 1985 series that few people saw - and I am knocking off those, one at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the Jawa, dude. I didn't think those still existed in working condition.

    I echo the sentiments on the POTF guys. I've been searching for a loose Endor Luke for a bit, and damn, is it rough. Consistently $40 or more. Depressed economy my eye.

    ReplyDelete